Dear TLQP Participants,
I received this note from the Association of NYS Teachers and I thought you might find it helpful.
As we approach the end of 2017 and the start of 2018, there is some key information from SED that we want everyone to have:
1) Information regarding the Next Generation Standards can be found at http://www.nysed.gov/
· the Snapshot is a 1 page highlight of all changes from the CCLS
· the Crosswalk is a more detailed comparison of the Next Gen Standards and CCLS
· the Implementation Timeline explains the entire process from now through the Spring of 2021
· there is also a Glossery of Verbs to assist with the vocabulary used in the standards
2) If you are interested in getting involved with the test-creation process (everything from item writing to ‘final eyes’ review), visit http://www.p12.nysed.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me or another member of the Executive Board.
From all of us at TLQP, we wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
On behalf of us all.
Tom, Rachel, Beth & Paul-Wiliam